Sunday, January 15, 2017

Day 1 Spring Semester

Jan 16

Day 1 of Spring Semester


Office
Today is the first day of the Spring Semester and I'm only slightly excited. I'm already looking forward to end of April when the teaching is completed. I consider myself to be a morning person but this semester I ended up with a Monday evening class (6:30 - 9:20 pm)... then again, I should not complain as in total I only got 6 hours of teaching this semester. I know, it doesn't sound like a lot but taking into consideration all of the other duties (supervision, research, projects) I have ...  I can't help to feel tired already... and it is only 11 am!


I'm heading to Bangkok this Thursday to give a presentation at Thai TESOLL titled "21st Century Students: Developing Safety, Critical Thinking and Digital Citizenship." Next Friday I'm off to Manila to give a presentation titled "ICT Skills in TESOL: True Profession or Undermining Teachers’ Individual Autonomy" at the Global Educators Conference. And I'm still not exactly sure how to organize my talk... most likely the talk in Thailand will be very practical and I will introduce a few ICT tools they can use with their students, whereas in Manila it will be a theoretical discussion. 



3 comments:

  1. Hi, Lucas. I hope you had fun. My friend, Christine, was there, too, as a featured speaker. The next two conferences for me will be TESOL Arabia in Dubai, and hopefully, TESOL Africa in Rawanda !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the design of your blog. It all seems clear and is easy to follow. It's nice that it's a personal page, too, as this gives you the a lot of options for posts on various topics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jonathan

      I had some technical issues during my presentation... forgot the adapter to my Mac so I had to download my slides to their computer.. internet was really slow... and then the slides didn't work as they were supposed to...I had made copies as handouts, but the essence of the slides were the tech stuff I wanted to show.. and that didn't work.. slides just appeared blank!

      Delete